Effective Date: 1/1/2021
Last Revised on: 12/23/2021
Last Reviewed on: 12/23/2021
OnlineMinnesotaDivorce.com, and its affiliates and subsidiaries, (collectively, “OnlineMinnesotaDivorce”, “Company”, “Us”, “Our”, or “We”) recognize that you may be concerned about our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information. We respect your privacy and are committed to providing a transparent notice of our privacy practices.
This policy describes the types of information We may collect from you when you visit our website(s), including www.onlineminnesotadivorce.com, and/or our mobile application(s) (collectively, our "Site"). This policy also covers information We collect about you offline, from third parties, or when you visit one of our locations or contact us by phone. This policy describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
We collect several types of information from and about you, including:
- Information provided by you, such as name, address, email address, telephone number, and other personally identifying information. For example, We collect information from you when you register online or fill out a questionnaire on our Site;
- Information provided by third parties about you. As part of our services, We may also collect information from your attorneys, your current or former spouse, and third-party reporting services, including, for example, information about your marriage, properties, debts, assets, and contact information; and
- Information collected automatically as you navigate through the Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, domain address, IP addresses, internet browser, operating system, your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site, and information collected through cookies.
SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER PROTECTION POLICY
Social Security numbers are classified as “Confidential” information under Our Information Security and Privacy Policies. As such, Social Security numbers may only be accessed by and disclosed to Our associates and others with a legitimate business purpose in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Social Security numbers, whether in paper or electronic form, are subject to physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards. These restrictions apply to all Social Security numbers collected or retained by Us in connection with customer, current or former spouse of customer, employee, or other relationships.
We use information that We collect about you or that you provide to us:
- to present our Site and its contents to you and to improve our Site (We continually strive to improve our Site offerings based on the information and feedback We receive from you);
- to provide you with information or services that you request from us;
- to fulfill Our obligations to you as a customer;
- to provide you with notices about your account and to improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs);
- to carry out Our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services We offer or provide through it;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site and to personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs);
- to enable communications to you regarding our services such as email and text;
- to work with marketing partners to provide you with products or services that may be of interest to you;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it and in any other way We may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent or authorization.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties We use to support our business;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about our Site users is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, to process your inquiry regarding your product purchased, a divorce, parenting classes, or name change services;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- with your consent or authorization.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to comply with and/or respond to any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government, regulatory, or law enforcement request;
- if We believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and deidentified data or information that does not identify an individual.
We have implemented reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
This Site may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information to or on this Site or through any of its features. If We learn We have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, We will delete that information. If you believe We might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us in one of the ways provided in the Contact Information section, below.
DO NOT TRACK
We do not respond to Web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms. Other parties may collect personally identifiable information about your activities over time and across different Web sites when a consumer uses our Site or service.